The Longevity Plus seminars are part of the research and dissemination activities of the research group "Longevity Plus: a transdisciplinary study of well-being", which is a part of CLEA. Speakers from different disciplines present systemic approaches to health, fitness and well-being, after which the research is discussed by the people attending. Seminars are normally recorded and can be watched on our YouTube playlist.
The seminars are organized by Dr. Shima Beigi. They usually take place on Tuesday afternoons every other week, and are free to attend for everybody. Please contact Dr. Beigi if you would like to present your work in this series.
Preliminary program for autumn:
07/09/2021 inauguration of the second series by Dr. Marios Kryiazis
Lecture title: The fallacy of the longevity elixir- and the promise of an alternative model against human ageing
21/09/2021 Parkour workshop / at VUB campus/ by Dr. Evo Busseniers
Lecture title: Parkour for wellbeing
05/10/2021 Prof. Em. Dr. Reginald Deschepper
Biohacking as a way to prolong lifespan in good health?
19/10: Dr. Kris Verburgh
Novel biotechnologies to enable longevity
Dr. Elisaveth Kiourti (to be Confirmed)
Prof. Francis Heylighen (Confirmed)
Roundtable (Speakers to be announced)
Longevity Plus Comic Series (Online)
Longevity Plus Christmas Lunch (3 course menu - Registration is needed for booking the place)
- Longevity+ seminar #1: The Body's Way by Dr. Shima Beigi
- Longevity+ seminar #2: The biosocial entanglements of food, epigenomes, microbiomes, and environments - Wim Van Daele
- Longevity+ seminar #3: Healthy Longevity Promotion: Scientific and Social Perspectives by Ilia Stambler
- Longevity+ #4: Open Big Data, A.I. and Healthy Longevity by Didier Coeurnelle
- Longevity+ #5: Postponing aging by Dr. Aubrey de Grey